We stand behind our reputation and will continue to serve our community with the values instilled by our funeral directors.
Paul K. Foster, a graduate of Simmons School of Mortuary Science, came to Pulaski in 1920. Like many early funeral directors Mr. Foster operated a local furniture store, which sold paint, furniture, wallpaper, floor coverings, and also provided undertaking services.
In 1948, Mr. Foster opened the funeral home at its current location. He operated the business for twelve years before selling in to Karl W. Hax Sr. in 1960.
Karl W. Hax Sr., also a graduate of Simmons School of Mortuary Science, began earning his degree in the early 1940s, before he joined the U.S. Army. He served in WWII from 1942 until 1946. Mr. Hax received his funeral license shortly after being discharged.
He worked for various funeral homes in Watertown, NY before moving to Pulaski with his wife Madolyn and their children in 1960. Karl Hax purchased Foster Funeral Home from Paul Foster and then renamed the business Foster-Hax Funeral Home. He also began a local ambulance service that he operated until 1973.
Karl W. Hax Sr. sold the business to his son, Karl Hax Jr., in 1983. Karl Hax Jr. graduated from Pulaski High School in 1970, and he received his degree in business from SUNY Canton in 1973. Karl Jr. continued his education and graduated from Simmons School of Mortuary Science in 1975.
Karl W. Hax Jr. continues to own and operate the Foster-Hax Funeral Home.